Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Letter

Dear Infinity Ward,



I am complaining about modern warfare 2. My first Issue is that you haven't in any form revised your graphics or engine since you made the original modern warfare game. Those graphics are not enough to wow the masses like they did before. An update to your graphics would make the game look nicer and impress your player.

Also it lacks realism like destructible environments and combat realism, which could put you up there with Bad Company 2. The realism of things that break when you shoot them with missiles is great. Also if you have thing like grenade physics that don't let you throw cross-map people wouldn't get as angered by your game.

The campaigns are useless and they have no effect on your player base, so make more multi player content and less single player additions. People used to like the campaign option, but everyone is past that and want multi player content add-ons. Plus nobody really likes one man campaigns in games mostly about multi player. A great example of a dying campaign is Halo 3.

You also need to make your game more versatile because there isn't enough to do. It should feature land, sea and air combat forms like the real military would, adding as prior, realism . I can't stand Infantry fighting only, it gets boring fast. I also believe you should add armour. Tanks are what make war games entertaining. It would enable you to have more fun with the game. The old battlefield games were fun because of there versatile multi player game, especially since they had tanks and planes.

Finally the Tactical Nuke is the lamest thing ever and it just wrecks the game as a whole, removing it would make games last longer and be more fun. Some of the kill streaks are okay, but there are some that just make it unfair for the players. Pave low is kind of unfair but at least you can kill it. The Nuke is an indestructible, unstoppable and game ending, mega ridiculous streak. I personally know many of my friends, and me as well, dislike the Tactical Nuke.

In conclusion if you were to do all of these thing it could prove to increase you player base and get you more cash with ever new title.


Sincerely Yours,
Austin Heaton

3 comments:

  1. Good Job with making a true point the thing I noticed was you were talking about how their is no missions in the air but their really is I liked how you brought up the graphics and how they havn't changed and what I didn't find appealing is your wanting 1 part to be better then the other when people have their opinions like for example I think they should make the campaigns bigger and the multiplayers kept at where they were since they were already popular. Overall I give it a 4/5

    ReplyDelete
  2. good letter the only problem i found is that your sending it to a company that just got fired for making the game so they can't exactly fix it. Activision might fix it or they might get treyarch to. good description and points 4/5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the story-mode was quite simplistic, with some element left out that would make the game really fun, like air, water, etc. Now, the multi-player has ONE and only ONE problem. And that is how people play it. One example is people runnigng around with Akimbo Rangers, or Model 1887, and other cheap tactics such as spraying and grenade spamming. In Infinity Wards case, "Hate the player, not the game."

    ReplyDelete